Fort de Kock is a relic of Dutch fort which stood in the town of Bukittinggi, West Sumatra, Indonesia. Fort de Kock is also the old name of Bukittinggi.
This fort was built during the Padri War in 1825 by Capt.. Bauer on the Mount Jirek and originally named Sterrenschans. Later, its name was changed to Fort de Kock, according to Hendrik Merkus de Kock, Dutch military figures.
Building a small cannon at the fort has four corners. The building was built to withstand attack the natives at Padri War led Tuanku Imam Bonjol in 1825. This fort became the forerunner to the acquisition and expansion of Dutch power in Bukittinggi, Agam and Pasaman.
Fort de Kock was in Wildlife Parks and Culture Kinantan Bukit Tinggi. Not far from this castle there are other attractions ie Zoo is located in Bukit Malambuang Bukittinggi. Position adjacent to the Bukit Jirek. To reach there could be via Bridge Limpapeh.