Museum Batik of Yogyakarta is the first museum in Yogyakarta was founded on the initiative of Hadi Nugroho, owner of the museum. This private museum is located at Jalan Dr. Sutomo, Yogyakarta. The building is managed by husband and wife Goddess and Hadi Nugroho. On May 12, 1977, this new museum was inaugurated by P & K Office of the Special Region of Yogyakarta province. This museum inhabits an area of 400 m2 and also used as residential owners. In 2000, the museum has received awards from MURI for the work 'Largest Embroidery', batik measuring 90 x 400 cm2. Later in the year 2001, the museum has received awards from the MURI back as the initiator of the establishment of the first Embroidery Museum in Indonesia. Today, the museum has more than 1,200 stores perbatikan collection of 500 pieces of batik cloth, batik cap 560, 124 canting (batik tool), and 35 pan and coloring materials, including nights. This museum collection contains various styles of batik of Yogyakarta, Solo, Pekalongan, and other traditional styles in the form of long cloth, sarongs, and so on. Most of the motive motive pesisiran, suburbs, bright moon, and the motive esuk-afternoon. Some famous collection include: Cain Long Java Soga (1950-1960), Soga Ergan Cain Long Duration (year not recorded), Sarong-Isen Isen Antique (1880-1890), Sarong-Isen Isen Antiques (kelengan) (1880 -- 1890) made by Dutch Lady EV. Zeuylen from Pekalongan, and Long Gloves Java Soga (1920-1930) made by Mrs. Kiem Lie Djing from Yogyakarta. All the collections of the museum's founding family obtained from the Museum Batik Yogyakarta. Eldest is a batik collections made in 1840. Meanwhile, hundreds of other collections are the work itself the owner of the museum include embroidered image of Indonesia's first president Sukarno, former President Soeharto, Megawati Sukarnoputri, and Hamengkubuwono IX. In addition there are also portraits of Imam Bonjol hero's face and Prince Diponegoro. There are also embroidered the face of Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa of India.